Saturday, July 18, 2009

AOH CHURCH OF GOD

Many say they do not believe in tithing because it was given under the law. However, the concept of tithing was actually introduced before the law. The Word of the Lord:
Gen 2:15-17 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. God created the Garden of Eden, took the man and put him in the garden, and told the man to dress it and keep it. Then he commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it. Why? Because it belonged to God. I mention before that Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek. This was all before the law.

Jacob was a Tither:
Gen 28:20-22 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Where did this concept come from? How did they know to pay tithes? It came from God. It was their love for God. It was their respect for God. It was their appreciation to God. It was priviledge and opportunity to thank God for all of His manifold blessings.

Jesus became our High Priest after the order of Melchisedec, not Aaron, because Aaron was a High Priest after the order of the Law. Jesus was the fulfillment of the Law. Matt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law , or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. Tithing should not be something we do because it's the law, but it should be done out of love, respect, and gratitude.

Heb 5:6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec

Heb 5:10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

Heb 6:20 Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Melchizedek represents the blessing, not a car, house, clothes, or any other material thing. What would you rather have, the car or the blessing? The blessing, of course. The Word of the Lord declares, "I will pour you out a blessing." I want the blessing, because if I have the blessing, I can get the car, house, clothes, or anything else I want or need. When you pay your tithes, the blessing is on you. God said the blessing would come on you and overtake you. Now that's the kind of blessing I want in my life, the blessing that comes on me and overtakes me. I can have that and so can you, if you pay your tithes!

Learn More About The AOH Church of God