Wednesday, July 22, 2009

AOH CHURCH OF GOD

As we continue to discuss, "God's Economy", please note how blessed Jacob was. First of all, when he went to his uncle Laban, he really didn't have anything. He left home, running for his dear life, because he had tricked his brother, Esau, out of his birthright. Esau swore that he would kill him.

Ge 27:41-45 And Esau hated Jacob because of the blessing wherewith his father blessed him: and Esau said in his heart, The days of mourning for my father are at hand; then will I slay my brother Jacob. 42 And these words of Esau her elder son were told to Rebekah: and she sent and called Jacob her younger son, and said unto him, Behold, thy brother Esau, as touching thee, doth comfort himself, purposing to kill thee. 43 Now therefore, my son, obey my voice; and arise, flee thou to Laban my brother to Haran; 44 And tarry with him a few days, until thy brother's fury turn away; 45 Until thy brother's anger turn away from thee, and he forget that which thou hast done to him: then I will send, and fetch thee from thence: why should I be deprived also of you both in one day?

However, when he finally gets to Laban, God begins to richly bless. Now this was all because of the vow he made to honor God and pay a tenth of all he would bless him with.

Ge 28:18-22 And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the stone that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it. 19 And he called the name of that place Bethel: but the name of that city was called Luz at the first. 20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.


Jacob stayed and worked for Laban for twenty years, when he was only suppose to be there for a few days, or until his brother cooled off. Isn't it interesting how we have our life plans all mapped out, but God has other plans for us, and our plans get discarded. This is because God is sovereign and in complete control. Even though many times it looks like things are out of control, you must always remember that God is in control. The Word of the Lord declares:

Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

You are not an accident. You are not a second thought. Don't let anyone tell you that you are not suppose to be here. God had a purpose in mind when He created you. It is up to you to discover what that purpose is and pursue it. The reason Laban wouldn't let Jacob go is because he knew that Jacob was blessed, and that he was blessed because of the blessing that was on Jacob. Many times other people can recognize the blessing on you and you don't realize it yourself. This is just how God's Economy works. God said, "I will bless them that bless you, and curse them that curse you." Many businesses are doing well because of you. Many communities are thriving because of you. Many organizations are growing because of you. The blessing is on you because you are operating in God's Economy. You are operating in it but you don't really completely understand how it all works. This is what was happening to Jacob, he really didn't completely understand how it worked. He knew that he was blessed and that Laban was being blessed as a result of him being blessed, but it took him twenty years to figure it out.

Learn More About The AOH Church of God