Sunday, July 19, 2009

AOH CHURCH OF GOD

We have established that tithes was introduced before the Law:

1. The concept of tithing was introduced by God Himself from the beginning when he created the garden of Eden, placed man in the garden, told him to dress and keep it; then told him that he could eat freely of any tree in the garden, except for one, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.(Gen 2:15-18)

2. Abraham paid tithes. (Gen 14:20) Abraham was very rich. (Gen 13:2)

3. Jacob paid tithes. (Gen 28:22) Jacob was very rich. (Gen 30:25-30)
Ge 30:25-30 And it came to pass, when Rachel had born Joseph, that Jacob said unto Laban, Send me away, that I may go unto mine own place, and to my country. 26 Give me my wives and my children, for whom I have served thee, and let me go: for thou knowest my service which I have done thee. 27 And Laban said unto him, I pray thee, if I have found favour in thine eyes, tarry: for I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me for thy sake. 28 And he said, Appoint me thy wages, and I will give it. 29 And he said unto him, Thou knowest how I have served thee, and how thy cattle was with me. 30 For it was little which thou hadst before I came, and it is now increased unto a multitude; and the LORD hath blessed thee since my coming: and now when shall I provide for mine own house also?

Ge 30:43 And the man increased exceedingly, and had much cattle, and maidservants, and menservants, and camels, and asses.

God reminds Jacob of his vow to pay tithes at Bethel:
Ge 31:13 I am the God of Bethel, where thou anointedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow unto me: now arise, get thee out from this land, and return unto the land of thy kindred.

Ge 28:19-29:1 And he called the name of that place Bethel: but the name of that city was called Luz at the first. 20 And Jacob vowed a vow, saying, If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace; then shall the LORD be my God: 22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

God said he would rebuke the devourer:
Ge 31:1-3 And he heard the words of Laban's sons, saying, Jacob hath taken away all that was our father's; and of that which was our father's hath he gotten all this glory. 2 And Jacob beheld the countenance of Laban, and, behold, it was not toward him as before. 3 And the LORD said unto Jacob, Return unto the land of thy fathers, and to thy kindred; and I will be with thee.

Ge 31:24 And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dream by night, and said unto him, Take heed that thou speak not to Jacob either good or bad.

This is another classic example of how God established covenant with a man and as a result, the man became very rich and made a vow to pay tithes (or a tenth) of his increase back to God. This was before the law so this was done out of love, respect, honor, and gratitude, and not the law. Not only was he blessed, but everyone connected to him was blessed. God said, "I will bless those who bless you, and curse those who curse you." This is how God's Economy works.

1. Make a covenant with God.
2. Keep your vow to God.
3. Pay your tithes and offering.
4. Sow seed into the Kingdom of God.
5. Bless others because you are blessed to be a blessing.

Now watch God move. He will open up the Flood Gates of Heaven. He will rebuke the devourer for your sakes. All nations will call you blessed.

Learn More About The AOH Church of God